Azulis Capital has made a commitment to its shareholders, management and employees, and to all stakeholders in its activities, to respect and apply the Principles for Responsible Investment.
As such, Azulis Capital is actively involved with a number of recognised national and international professional bodies that offer a practical and common approach to Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) for private equity firms.
- Each member of the Azulis Capital Team signed up to the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) advocated by the United Nations, on January 6, 2012.
- Azulis Capital is a member of Invest Europe (formerly EVCA) and takes part in seminars and discussions on responsible investment, organised by the Association.
- Equally, Azulis Capital is a member of the French investors association for growth (AFIC) and participates in the work of the Commission of the Club Développement Durable (a club of businesses committed to the promotion of sustainable development).
- Azulis Capital signed up to the IC20–Carbon Initiative 2020. IC20 is a contribution of French private equity players to the COP21 goal of limiting global warming to 2°C.
Azulis Capital has adopted the six principles established by the UNPRI and is committed to:
- 1. Take ESG issues into account in the analysis and decision-making process regarding investment.
- 2. Be an active investor that takes ESG criteria into consideration in its shareholder policies and practices.
- 3. Require companies in which MMF III and MMF IV have an interest to publish information on ESG issues.
- 4. Promote adoption and implementation of the Principles by all parties in asset management.
- 5. Work together to increase effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- 6. Report, on a company basis, on activities and progress made towards implementing these Principles.
Azulis Capital has chosen, as a first step, to prioritise principles 1, 2, 3 and 6 by:
- Systematically presenting our ESG approach when selecting our investments in preliminary talks with the management, in our letters of intent, investment notes and shareholder agreements.
- Supporting our investee companies, and working with their management, the Azulis Capital Team promotes ESG diagnosis, identification of priority Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) action required, implementation of a long-term CSR strategy and its phased implementation.
- With respect to the environment, Azulis Capital takes care to reduce its carbon footprint and install monitoring systems and promote staff awareness.
Azulis Capital is also committed to promoting policies to develop respect for the environment amongst its portfolio companies and managers, and more particularly, help them to reduce their carbon footprint and adopt eco-design.
- In terms of information provision and progress measurement, the management company has adopted the UNPRI reporting principles and monitors specific non-financial indicators.